Monday, November 2, 2009

Back in Bangkok

Four nights in Bangkok were fortunately enough to mentally prepare myself for my triumphant return to India. I've been waiting for this day for a long time, but it's going to be a readjustment nonetheless after being in SE Asia for 3 months.

With my friend Liat who I originally met in India, and reunited with here in Bangkok, we spent our days here seeing parts of the city we hadn't seen previously. We walked around the city and saw the Golden Mount and temples. We checked out the party seen at the RCA the night before Halloween, and spent Halloween night with some friends on Silom Soi 4, a nice change of pace from the largely foreign and un-costumed crowds on the Khao San Road. We saw a movie in the VIP section of the MBK, which was quite swanky, and walked to the pier last night to see the festivities for the Loy Krathong Festival.

And now I'm only a few hours away from my flight back to India. I'm a little nervous, as I'm landing in Kulkata, a city I've never been to. But it's exactly these kinds of experiences that make me appreciate traveling alone and taking on these new adventures, with nobody else to rely on (not even a guidebook).

No comments:

Post a Comment